Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The STILL Sick Edition

Seriously, this bout of illness is the gift that keeps on giving. Just when I thought I was over the hump, my throat closed up and the aches came on full force. Despite getting my flu shot, I most definitely have the flu. Being sick with a baby to mind is no fun at all. Especially when said baby is also ill.

Okay, that's enough pity party for today. This afternoon, between naps and cuddles with Levi, I cut the pieces for Fireflies which is the sixth block for the Sew Happy Quilt.  [Oh crap! I just hit publish instead of the photo icon! I really am out of it! Quick! Revert to draft!!!]


Yesterday, prior to coming down with the plague, I spent two and a half hours sewing at The Workroom. Levi was sick and I didn't want our babysitter to take him out of the apartment. I also didn't want to give up my precious sewing time so to The Workroom to I went to sew by the hour! I worked on my Wonky Log Cabin placemats. I only managed to quilt one and half of another. I used painters tape and masking tape to lay out my quilting guide lines and it took a lot longer than I anticipated. I stitched on either side of the painters tape and used a strip of masking tape for the spacing. I chose a coral/salmon pink thread for the quilting.


I also picked up some fat quarters. Remember last week when I mentioned that I loved a particular Central Park design and that I should grab more before it sold out? I was too late. There was only one FQ left. Fearing that the hunter green Jewels print from Outfoxed would soon go the way of the dodo bird, I bought a half metre.

And now, back to bed for me!

WIP status report
Farmer's Wife QAL - no progress this week
Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL - five completed
We Bee Learning Bee - January block is done
Sampler Quilt class @ The Workroom - five blocks completed
Wonky Log Cabin Placemats - 1.5 of 4 quilted
Levi's Growth Chart - no progress, still need to embroider his height, but otherwise complete
Levi's Bed Quilt - on hold until I settle on a pattern

As always, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced and new this week, with the all Canadian Needle and Thread Network.

5 comments:

  1. The colours that you have chosen for Firefly are lovely and your placemat looks wonderful. You are so lucky to live near The Workroom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you are still not well, take care of your self and little Levi and try to sneak a little sewing in when you feel up to it. Your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wonky log cabin and it is obvious the care you took with the quilting! This is my first visit to your blog, via needle and thread network, so now will be back as often as I am able...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear that you are still sick! At least you were still able to do some beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that you and your little guy are sick. My daughter has the whole house sick right now (including grandparents). It's so hard watching them suffer and not be able to do that much to make them better. Here's wishing that you are on the mend!

    PS. Where do you find a baby sister that you know you can trust? We need one, but outside of family, not really sure where to look.

    ReplyDelete