Saturday, March 29, 2014
First, I made my March block for my Modern Instabee queen bee. I really love how it turned out. I had a real aha! moment when I discovered how to cut my fabric to ensure that all of my text print in my HSTs were right-side-up (you rotate half of them 90 degrees before sewing).
I bought some wool crepe to make myself another Hummingbird. I might wait and bring this to Stash Bash and make it there.
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Thursday, February 13, 2014
When I first started Elizabeth Dackson's Lucky Star block of the month, I thought I'd make a large and small version of each block, using Liberty of London's first quilting cotton line. I made three months of the larger blocks, but only one of the small.
Last night I decided to turn the little block into a mug rug for my office desk.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Today I tried again using muslin as my foundation for the scrappy circle and was much more successful. This is the one that will go in the mail. I prefer the shade of green in the first block, but they didn't have it at my LQS so I had to go with what was available.
In other quilty news, thanks to some helpful friends at The Workroom, I got my Medallion Quilt basted last night. I also restarted my Once Upon a Time sampler cross stitch. I've been messing up on it a lot for two reasons: I've been working on it late at night while tired and I've been using linen. So last night I bought Aida cloth. Hopefully this will lead to less errors and actual progress!
For my master list of WIPs, see this post. This week, one thing got crossed off the list:
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Part One: Stuff I'm actually working on
- Liberty placemats - new project and needed for my dining room table.
- February block for Modern Instabee (yes, I joined a Bee this year, after a year of no bees or swaps).
- Once Upon a Time sampler - yeah, I drank the kool-aid.
- Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt - ongoing block completion here and there including this one, No. 7, Birds in the Air.
- Denyse Schmidt churn dash quilt - using fabrics from Hello My Name is Quilt (thanks Shannon!). I have this all planned out, just need to cut and sew!
- Vintage Quilt Revival Sampler - there's a QAL in progress hosted by Suki which I want to get in on, having already purchased the book and pulled fabric from my stash. They are already into week three, so I'm behind before I've even started!
- Mini Quilt for Karen - I haven't actually planned this one, but I need to make a gift from my therapist who I've been seeing for almost a decade. I'm graduating!
- Chambray Wiksten Tova.
- Railroad Denim skirt (either another Hummingbird or a wrap skirt).
- Baby quilt for expecting friend (I should pick something from Part Three or Part Four for this one!
- Flora HST quilt - I have a huge stack of HSTs that just need trimming and arranging. I should get on it.
- Sew Intertwined Quilt - a QAL that stalled that I no longer really like. I do like some of the blocks though so I should sew them up and be done with it. Maybe I'll donate it once completed.
- 3 x 6 Purple and Green quilt - I have twelve blocks that need sashing. Again, I think this is a donation quilt, maybe to the Toronto Jewish Quilters group I quilted with shortly after Lila was born.
- Lucky Stars BOM - I only made three blocks. I should turn them into something. Pillows?
- Lila's Tula quilt - I'm half done the FMQ for this quilt. Why don't I just finish it!?!
- Mom's Lush Pillow Covers - I made two but there are two more to go. She bought the fabric. I have no excuse for not starting.
- My sister's box of fabric from Africa. She asked me to "make stuff" with it. I will. Eventually.
This section requires some explaining. You know how it is right? You just have to own pieces of that awesome fabric line. The fact that you aren't sure when or what you'll make from it is secondary.
- Briar Rose quilt - I have an FQ bundle
- Comma mini something - I have 2 mini charm packs
- Origins something - I have yardage and a charm pack I picked up in a destash.
- Tula 10 inch charms - I did three rounds of a swap and vaguely intended to use them for her City Sampler (I own the book). I still plan to do this...one day.
- ROAR FQs - bought during a sale with the intention of using for a baby quilt
I leave you today with a finish, my Marcelle Medallion quilt top. I'm going to do an separate post though, so this photo is of the top minus the final border. Check back tomorrow(ish) for the reveal post!
Monday, January 27, 2014
Now I just post photos on Instagram. Here are some recent highlights:
The beginnings of my Once Upon a Time sampler (and my first cross stitches since I was a teenager):
Patching my favorite jeans with Chicopee corduroy:
I destashed some of my yardage as part of The Great Fabric Destash on Instagram.
And finally, I took this little sweetheart on a trip to visit my sister. She did wonderfully on the plane!