Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Stella's Baby Quilt

I purchased four metres of two different American Jane prints a couple years ago at an estate sale and knew they were destined for baby quilts. Our friends had a baby girl a few weeks ago and I decided that a simple quilt was in order.

I initially planned to make a whole cloth quilt but I then realized that I'd have to piece one of the prints because it ran directionality in the WRONG direction. Ugh. I remembered I had left over jelly roll pieces from a different American Jane collection so I pieced them jelly roll race style and added length the the quilt top.  
I free motion quilted vertical lines with unevenly spaced loops. Very fast and very sweet. I  wanted the quilt to be drapey and soft so the quilting is minimal.

I'm looking forward to passing this to its new owner this afternoon!



3 comments: