Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Craft Goals

It looks like every blogger I follow has posted their crafty goals for the coming year so I've decided to hop on the, er, blogwagon (sorry, bad pun!). This may turn into a project list as the year continues, but for now, it's a goal list.
  1. Complete the Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL on time (by March 18)
  2. Attend all of my Sampler Quilt classes at The Workroom and finish the quilt before I return to work on February 22. This quilt is destined to be a walling hanging for above our bed.
  3. Find time for one additional class at The Workroom this year.
  4. Complete and mail out all of the blocks for the We Bee Learning Bee (my first online bee!) on time and add a little something special into each package.
  5. Start and finish The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt.
  6. Make Levi's bed quilt from the Punctuation jelly roll strips that I've already cut.
  7. Join one swap.
  8. Finish my sparkly winter hat and my Pin Tuck Tee (both knits).
  9. Include one handmade baby gift with every meal I make for families with new babies (a program at my synagogue).
  10. Keep my craft supplies tidy and stored away in their respective spaces (we live in a small condo and outfitted the closet in Levi's room with bins for all my stuff in order to control to sprawl).
  11. Knit from my sock yarn stash in order to replace my two handknit socks that I've worn through.
  12. Improve my free motion quilting skills.
  13. Keep my fabric and yarn purchases in check. Note: I'm not sure what this means exactly. Maybe, only buy fabric if I know exactly what I'll use it for? Or, stick to the budget I set for myself? This goal will evolve.
I think this looks achievable. Here's to 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what it means for you, but my version of "keep fabric purchases in check" means that I make every effort to use the stuff I already have before buying new fabric. I also remind myself that the whole point of a quilt used to be to use up tiny scraps of fabric left over from sewing other things. So yeah, I don't buy new fabric unless I truly need something particular. Once my stash gets back down to a reasonable size I'll start buying again.

    ReplyDelete