Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Stitches

I headed to The Workroom this afternoon, completely forgetting that today was Quilt Sunday! I wish I'd remembered because there were lots of lovely ladies stitching away and I hadn't brought anything to work on. Oh well. I chatted a bit and picked up the stuff I'd gone down for (and a few extras because I have no restraint).

First, could this fabric be any cuter?! No.  It could not. Retro pyrex deliciousness! It's from Michael Miller's Put a Lid on it collection. I don't know what I'll use it for yet, but I think it's asking for fussy cutting, don't you? I also grabbed an FQ of the Tiny Veggies print in lime because I'm a sucker for a lime.


I picked out the final fabrics for my sampler quilt.


Kona avocado on the right will be my sashing and probably my binding as well. The Tula Pink hexagon print in my border print and the zucchini is for the backing. I'm planning on adding bits of all the other prints into the backing, although I haven't decided exactly the manner in which I'll make this happen, for example, a pieced stripe, random blocks or something else entirely.

I also pulled out Levi's Watch Me Grow chart to start embroidering the measurements. I did a lot of counted cross stitch as a child but I don't have any embroidering experience. I decided just to wing it and am using a basic back stitch. My first number doesn't look terrific, but I'm sure I'll improve.


I have two hours of sewing ahead of me and I'm trying to decide what I want to work on. I could quilt some more of my place mats or paper piece some farm blocks. I haven't paper pieced all week so I'm leaning in that direction. What are y'all working on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment