Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DAYCARE! (and more blocks)

Big news! Levi got into daycare yesterday! For those of you who don't live in Toronto, which is most of you, this is huge. HUGE! Daycare spots for the under 18 month set are extremely hard to come by because of the ratio of infant to caregiver and the space requirements (I think they need a dedicated nap room or some such thing). I registered for a few spots when I became pregnant but I'd essentially given up on us getting one ages ago and was resigned to hiring a nanny. I've been busy the last month getting all our ducks in a row in that regard, like, getting a business number so we could legally pay someone and figuring my work schedule and such. Our current babysitter was going to work for us three days a week and I had hired another woman for the other two. I'd also secured for a daycare spot nearby for September when Levi would be 18 months (these spots are easier to come by). Then last week our babysitter told me she could no longer commit to the three days a week for health reasons. I was disappointed, but was grateful that she'd given us so much notice and began to search again.

Yesterday's call was totally out of the blue. I hadn't done any follow-up with any of the daycares I'd registered at because I had assumed there was no chance of our getting in, the wait lists are just that long. So actually getting a spot feels totally surreal. It's like winning the lottery! The timing is perfect and this daycare was totally my first choice. Plus! Our very good friends son goes there and is the exact same age as Levi! Yay!

********

In other news, I have a few more blocks to share with you. The first is my Frog Prince Churndash, version 2.0 for my Sampler Quilt Class. Isn't he cute? I'm really happy with this block. This is the fourth of fifth block I've made using this Jewels print from Outfoxed. I have it in green, blue, orange and purple and I simply adore it. I think I might have to buy some more of it because I'm almost out of the green and it truly is the perfect tone-on-tone print.

The second block is for my Farmer's Wife Quilt. It's called Autumn Tints, which makes no sense for my particular block since my colour scheme isn't remotely fall-like.
I also finished one of this week's two blocks for the Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL but I'm going to make to post it until I finish the other.

P.S. Linking up with Fabric Tuesday because, well, it's Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. The blocks look great. Glad to hear that Levi got into daycare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got into daycare. We were able to get in our first choice and I am ever so thankful. We both love it and feel good with our daughter being there. Great blocks!

    ReplyDelete