I knew I wanted to use Kona blush as my background fabric and I also wanted to use a dash of my sashing fabric since I hadn't used it within the quilt yet. After picking two more prints, I decided to sketch the block out because I was having trouble visualizing how many pieces to cut. Cutting went quickly and I was able to assemble this block in short order. I did a small amount of ripping when I realized that my points were off a tad, but otherwise it was smooth sailing. I LOVE this block. It might be my favourite one of the six.
As I trimmed the edges of my geese, I made HSTs from the clipped corners. I ended up with 16 HSTs and my husband helped me work out an arrangement.
Here are my six sampler quilt blocks. Next week we sash them!
I also finished my sixth block for the Sew. Happy. Quilt QAL. I struggled a bit with the quadrants containing the orange triangles. I think my seam allowance was off. Still, the finished product is one I'm happy with.