Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The More Sew Less Blog Edition

I'm anxious to get to my machine today, so this WIP Wednesday is going to be short and sweet. Having been away for several days celebrating Passover with my family, my sewing time was minimal. I did manage to get one block done last night though. Jane chose a Whirlygiggle block her month in the We Bee Learning bee.


The block came together extremely quickly and was easy to make. I was a bit thrown because you end up with wonky edges which just feels wrong, but since CrazyMomQuilt's block in the tutorial has wonky edges, I'm going with it! I measured and it does work out to be 11 inches. I used Fresh Romance which is from Art Gallery's Dreaming in French line. This was a nice opportunity to use a girly fabric, which it out of the ordinary for me, as I tend to go for bright, modern prints.  

Other news: I've volunteered to make a quilt to be given away as a prize at work for the Give A Day campaign for World Aids Day.  I have until November to make it. I'm thinking a baby quilt made of charms or perhaps jelly roll strips. 

WIP status report
Flora Charm Quilt - charms are cut
Farmer's Wife QAL - fabric has been pulled for the next block
We Bee Learning Bee - April block is done
Wonky Log Cabin Placemats -  3 complete, 1 to go
Levi's Growth Chart - no progress
Levi's Bed Quilt - This should probably come off the list...
NY Beauty QAL - fabric has arrived!
Give a Day quilt - gathering ideas
Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL - top is DONE!

As always, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced and the Canadian Needle and Thread Network. Do take the time to check out what my talented internet friends are working on. There's so much inspiration just waiting for you!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot going on. No wonder you haven't been blogging!

    The quilt to donate sounds lovely. If you're up for it, you're welcome to raid my stash of flannelette baby prints... I have quite a lot of small pieces that could be great in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where will you find the time to make a charity quilt? It seems to me that the persons who volunteer are mostly those that are already very busy....confirming the adage: if you want to get something done give it to a busy person. Don't forget to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete