Monday, April 2, 2012

Indecision

Now that my Sew Happy Quilt top is complete, I keep flip flopping on where to put to focus my quilty energy. The obvious choice would be to decide how I'd like to back it and get piecing and basting. But I'm not feeling it right now. Part of me just wants to buy a queen sized sheet from The Bay and send the the whole thing out to a long arm quilter. But I'm undecided. I should do it myself shouldn't I?

You'll recall that I recently bought the fabric for my Flora charm quilt, which will be a granny square quilt. I've cut the solids into charms, not including the background fabric. I just can't settle on whether I want to make large granny squares, or cut my charms in quarters and go for the more traditional version. I laid out a few grannies using uncut charms and they weren't speaking to me.

So, rather than make a decision, I pulled out my farmer's wife sampler book and selected five blocks. I printed out the paper piecing patterns and starting choosing my fabrics last night. But did I make it to the sewing machine? Nope.

Instead, I watched some television and worked on hand sewing the bindings on my wonky log cabin placements. Two are done and the third is well on its way. I'm really enjoying working with my hands.

Tonight I was certain I would plug in my sewing machine. Except, Mad About Patchwork is having a sale on designer bundles and I've been eyeing the shot cotton sampler for weeks. Plus, I just happened to be reading blogs and Elizabeth Dackson posted today about using oakshot shot cotton for the New York Beauty QAL and if that isn't fate I don't know what is! So instead of sewing I put in an order for the solids and now have New York Beauties on the brain. This link brings you to the patterns for the blocks the QAL is based on - so awesome.

I have a meeting tomorrow night, Wednesday night is Survivor night and we leave for Ottawa on Friday for Passover so it's unlikely I'll be getting much of anything done this week. I suppose that's for the best though, since I obviously can't decide what I want to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment