It's been a rough week people. Levi started daycare on Monday. We decided to do two half days and then go whole hog with full time. Didn't happen. I picked him up at 3 today. Both today and yesterday I arrived to find a crying child. He was being attended to when I arrived, it's not like he was sitting alone bawling, but still. It's tough on Mommy. The women working in the infant room are lovely and attentive and I'm thrilled with the care they are giving him. He's refusing to take a bottle from them, even though he's taken a bottle (of breast milk) from his babysitters and Daddy in the past. I feel guilty about this, even though I know I shouldn't. I worry about him being dehydrated and that it's my fault he won't take a bottle because I've only provided one for him when necessary, i.e. when we are apart for more than three hours or so. I'm pretty sure he's just holding out for the boob and I'm praying this will pass after he gets used to being at daycare. The high note today is that he took his nap in his crib! Sure it was late and short, but it was in the crib! Small victories! He's also eating his breakfast and lunch nicely.
Anyway, enough of that. It's Work in Progress Wednesday and I have stuff to share. I don't, however, have good photos because I can't locate my camera. So annoying. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm messy? This means lost of misplaced items. Le sigh.
I spent this afternoon working on the backing for my sampler quilt. I decided to improv piece it, which I have no experience doing and didn't bother reading up on. Yeah, you can guess how this is going to go right? I want to use up the scraps from my various blocks. I started by laying it out.
You might notice there are two pieces of the Kona Zucchini. I
accidentally bought only one metre instead of a metre and a half. Oops! I
ran to the Workroom today and got the extra yardage. No big deal. Next, well, I just started cutting and sewing. I didn't get very far, but I have all day tomorrow to play around.
I'm making progress on Levi's Watch Me Grow Chart. I'm starting to get the hang of embroidering the numbers. I'm at the 20 inch mark.
I got some farming done this week. Here's #76, the Sawtooth block. It's paper pieced. I regret using directional prints, but not enough to redo the bloc.! The prints themselves are two of my very favorite prints of all time, Jewels from Outfoxed and the other is from Basic Grey (I think).
My sewing to-do list this week is massive. I have to do my block for the Sew Happy Quilt QAL and I am getting VERY behind on Oh My Stars QAL blocks so I'd like to get some of these done too. The February block for my We Bee Learning bee has been posted but I have a few weeks for that. Also, I have to make my mosaic for the 3 x 6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee I've joined. Super excited about this bee. You can read about it here. Oh, and Sara and I are building my sewing table!
Here's my weekly status report:
WIP status report
Farmer's Wife QAL - one more block done
Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL - six completed
We Bee Learning Bee - February block to do
Sampler Quilt class @ The Workroom - six blocks completed, backing has been started
Wonky Log Cabin Placemats - 1.5 of 4 quilted
Levi's Growth Chart - embroidering has begun
Levi's Bed Quilt - on hold until I settle on a pattern
3 x 6 Bee - need to make mosaic and pick a block
As always, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced and new this week, with the all Canadian Needle and Thread Network.