Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The Beyond Exhausted Edition

Okay, seriously people, please tell me this gets easier! Today was my first day back at work and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Levi welcomed me back to the working world by waking up three times last night: at midnight, 2ish. and 5. Putting him back in his crib after the 5 a.m. feed doesn't work, but if we keep him in our bed, he is able to fall back asleep. In theory, this means that Kivi and I also get some more shut eye. In reality, Levi's snuffling and mewling allows me to doze but not sleep soundly. Boooo! After picking him up at daycare and arriving home at 6, it's a rush to get him fed, bathed and into bed for 7. I'd be happy to keep him up longer but he is totally exhausted by then and begging for sleepy time. Thank goodness I made meals for the week on Sunday.

My level of tiredness tonight does not bode well for my sewing projects, not one bit. Tonight I hope to finish hand sewing the binding of my sampler quilt while watching Survivor. There is just no way I could manage cutting or piecing.

On a positive note, I BOOKED MY ROOM FOR SEWING SUMMIT! I am sooooooo excited. Is anyone else going??? I need a roommate!

Haven't heard of Sewing Summit? That's fair, it's only in its second year. It's a sewing and blogging conference for modern sewists and all of your favorite quilt bloggers will be there. There are classes and parties and SWAG. Woot!  Check out all the deets here and then sign up!

And now for this week's progress update.  I don't have any new photos so I'm recycling a few. You understand, right? New working Mom and all.

WIP status report
Farmer's Wife QAL - no progress
Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL - no progress - nine completed
We Bee Learning Bee - February block is done and in the mail
Sampler Quilt class @ The Workroom - quilting is done, binding is in progress



Wonky Log Cabin Placemats - 2.5 of 4 quilted
Levi's Growth Chart - embroidering is halfway done!
Levi's Bed Quilt - on hold until I settle on a pattern
3 x 6 Bee - I've cut the pieces for half the blocks
NEW! Office Matriochka Mini Quilt - paper piecing is done but I'm out of batting so won't be able to work on this again until the weekend.



As always, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced and the Canadian Needle and Thread Network.

7 comments:

  1. i hope the days start to get easier for you :)
    Your matriochka doll quilt is very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to tell you this but mother's never get enough sleep...even when they older:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doll mini is so cute!
    Yeah I think someone should issue a warning - have a child and you'll never sleep properly again!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post brought back memories....you probably won't be able to quilt everyday, but hopefully often enough.....and right now starting to work again you have to pace yourself.
    Looking at pictures from when my children where young I am always surprised how much I managed to fit into my days, I just have forgotten most of it. Wonder why....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it will get a little easier ,you will get into a routine that will work for you but sleep will be scarce for years I am afraid so pace yourself and take sometime for you when ever possible , the retreat sounds wonderful ,sure wish I could go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can so do this! I know the first week was hard but you are pretty amazing and as always, don't forget to ask for help.

    2 Things:

    1. sewing summit! (we should talk)
    2. the dolls! they are beautiful and I can't wait to see the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete