Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Snapshots

A glimpse of our weekend...
  • Learning the joys of daycare: green snot and goopy eyes. I knew these were coming our way when a couple of the kids in Levi's group were sporting these symptoms last week.  Gunk coming out of your baby's eye is the definition of gross!
  • Levi's first taste of peanut butter: he LOVES it. He licked the crackers clean and ignored everything else on his plate. Then I dipped his green bean in peanut butter. S'okay though, because he's fallen off his growth curve again and we've been instructed to add fat to his diet wherever we can. 
  • A new MacBook Pro! My Macbook was almost five years old and had seen me through a lot, but it's battery stopped holding a charge a couple months ago and I was seeing that spinning beach ball more and more. These past few days it became clear that the day when it would no longer boot would soon be upon us and so off to the Apple store we went. This baby is a beauty and oh so fast!
  • Cutting fabric for my 3 x 6 hive mates blocks. Halfway done.
  • Pondering a new quilt-a-long: the granny squares QAL at Canoe Ridge Creations.  I have a Flora charm pack that would be perfect for this. I'm thinking of making giant blocks using the charms as is, rather than cutting them in four. I would make four, six or nine blocks total if I went this route. What do you think?
  • Binding! I'm in the final stretch of my Sampler Quilt. I'm hand stitching the binding to the back of my quilt. A few more hours and this project will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment