Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The Sneak Peak Edition

Today was the very last Wednesday of my maternity leave. I really wanted the last two weeks of maternity leave to be like a mini vacation. A last hoorah, if you will. So far, I've spent far too much time on volunteer commitments and errands and not enough time quilting. I'm happy to report that today, however, I spent about four hours quilting my sampler quilt. The quilting is going wonderfully. Here's a sneak peak.


This is only the fourth project I've quilted and the largest quilt to date (the others included Levi's growth chart, a mini and placemats). Quilting on my machine requires a fair bit of quilt wrangling, that is to say smooshing, folding, squishing, etc. I'm about 75% finished. I hope to do the last of the quilting tomorrow, before my evening class. It would be so awesome to be able to start binding my quilt tomorrow night and to finish this project before my return to work.

Other progress this week included finishing the quilting on my second wonky log cabin placemat and starting the third, block nine of my Sew Happy Quilt and mailing off my February block for the We Bee Learning Bee.

WIP status report
Farmer's Wife QAL - no progress
Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL - nine completed
We Bee Learning Bee - February block is done and in the mail
Sampler Quilt class @ The Workroom - quilting is in progress
Wonky Log Cabin Placemats - 2.5 of 4 quilted
Levi's Growth Chart - embroidering is halfway done!
Levi's Bed Quilt - on hold until I settle on a pattern
3 x 6 Bee - no progress

As always, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced and the Canadian Needle and Thread Network.

6 comments:

  1. I love the sneak peek of the quilt. What machine are you on? I, too, am having trouble with the throat size of my machine and am looking for an upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so lovely:) Good luck back at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your return to work will go well. It must be quite an emotional change. Great quilt!! You sure got lots done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is pretty! Looks like watermelon colours to me. Sorry your maternity leave is ending. Must be sad leaving the little guy to go back to work. He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are just gorgeous!
    good luck to you and the beautiful boy : ) and thanks for linking!
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete