Monday, January 28, 2013

Triple-Zip Along Fabric Pull, Take Two

Debbie's Triple-Zip Along began today! In order to qualify for prizes, finished pouches need to be posted in the Flickr group by February 15. Deadlines totally motivate me, as long as I don't have too many of them all at once.

Last Wednesday I posted the fabrics I'd pulled for this project; lots of Salt Water by Tula Pink, in the coral colour way.
The plan hinged on fussy cutting the octopus and centering it on the front of the pouch. Unfortunately, when it came to cutting the pieces, I realized that this was going to prove difficult, due to the pouch's construction. The main fabric is cut as one large piece with maybe two thirds becoming the front and the rest becoming the back. I wasn't confident I could accurately centre the octopus. Rather using up a fabric I loved and potentially ending up with a finished product I might not be happy with, I decided to dig back into my stash. Here's what I came up with.
The fabric on the left is from Heaven and Helsinki and I had just enough to cut the three lining pieces. The citrus print is from Maude Asbury's Kitchy Kitchen line and is called Fruit Slices. I picked it up in Salt Lake City last October on a whim. I'm using Metro Living Circles in navy and the chartreuse (my favourite colour) dots are from Bella by Lotta Jansdotter.

Now that all the pieces are cut, I'm going to put them aside for a while. I know! I really want to stitch them up, but I have a baby gift to baste and quilt. So many projects, so little time!

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new fabric choices too - and understandable about the direction of the print on your first choice. The pouch would totally be doable with a seamed front & back too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zipper pouch is going to look great! I love the new fabric choices =D

    ReplyDelete