Sunday, January 27, 2013

Success!

I did it! I reached my January goal of completing my Bungle Jungle Wonky Star quilt top and I even finished it with six days to spare!
And just in time too, because the baby this quilt will be gifted to was born yesterday morning, mere hours before I finished the final seam. Now I need to kick it into high gear and get this baby quilted.
I'm planning to back the quilt with fleece. I've never quilted fleece before, but my Google search indicates that others have done this successfully. Spray basting is recommended so now I need to figure out where to find some in Toronto  I'm going to use a thin batting and straight line quilting on the diagonal.  I've picked a perfect red and white stripe for the binding. Exciting stuff!

6 comments:

  1. Spray basting is great, I use it often! Your quilt is lovely and colourful, am a big fan of wonky stars - what a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, bright and beautiful! The baby is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! And bright!! My walmart sells the spray stuff :) Maybe one down there might?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! and perfect timing =D
    I've only used two types of spray baste - June Tailor which was awful and gummed up my needle terribly (I had to stop every few stitches and clean it off) and 505 spray which is really nice. There's barely any order and no gumming up of the needle =D

    ReplyDelete