Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Slow and Steady Progress

Nothing is getting done quickly around here, but progress is being made!

The horizontal strips of my Bungle Jungle Wonky Star quilt top are almost finished. It's so incredibly boring to work on that I can only manage half an hour of sewing before I want to move on to something else. Luckily, I've only had that much time to spare in the evenings lately so it's a win-win. Side note: consider this my mid-month check in for the Lovely Year of Finishes challenge. I'm very glad I set the quilt top as my goal for January, as opposed to trying to finish the entire quilt, as there is no way that would have happened!
I've been working on my hexies while watching Downton Abbey season three (weddings galore!) and New Girl season one. I don't have a solid plan for them yet, but think I'll end up cutting the fabric into a 12 inch block for my 3x6 mini bee sampler quilt (I chose plum and chartreuse fabrics with this in mind).
Finally, Debbie from A Quilter's Table is hosting a Sew Along for her Triple Zip Pouch starting January 28. I met Deb and her daughter at Sewing Summit. She's such a warm and friendly person and is incredibly talented. The Triple Zip pouch looks perfect for holding all my hand sewing supplies. I've pulled a stack of coral prints to use for this project. The Salt Water octopus will be the focal print. I can't wait to get started!
And of course, my regular readers are well aware of my Lucky Stars BOM obsession. Maybe that's why progress on everything else is so very slow...

On Deck
Triple Zipalong Pouch

In Progress
Bungle Jungle baby quilt - coming along nicely
Hedgies & Hexies block - working away at it here and there
Farmer's Wife QAL - no new progress
Lucky Stars BOM - January blocks are complete

Hibernating projects
Curious Nature quilt - no progress
Sew Intertwined quilt -no progress
Flora Charm Quilt - no progress
Levi's Growth Chart - no progress
NY Beauty QAL - no progress
We Bee Learning Bee/Levi's Bed Quilt - No progress



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



My Button



A Quilter’s Table

7 comments:

  1. As long as Daisy doesn't get married. First of all, how could she afford it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Bungle Jungle project! They grey swirley fabric from that line is my all-time favorite neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable hexies and I love the Triple ZAL fabric. I'm going to try and get my act together and zip along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping by from the Mid Month link up over at Lovely Year of Finishes.
    Such fun!
    Great progress.
    Kind regards
    Liz DandeliondD
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy! I get bored too but I never think that I am so persevere! I'm doing hexies too. Are you sewing them together as you go? A sewing case is great to have...I'm doing a workshop next week for one, it has ziplock bags sewn in....kind of curious! Later

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure get a lot done! I can recommend audio books for the boring parts.

    ReplyDelete