Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Other Fibre Art in my Life

A long, long time ago, before I was a Mom and before I was a fabric addict, I was enthralled with another fibre art. I was a knitter and crocheter! I learned to knit as a child and picked it up again in my early twenties. Since learning to sew, I have barely picked up my needles and hooks. I'm simply not drawn to yarn in the same way I was before. However, my winter hat is getting pilled and I've had a Sockhead Hat in progress since winter 2011. This is a wonderful pattern. This is actually my second Sockhead. I lost my first one which stinks because it was gorgeous. The hat is dead easy to make; just a straight knit stitch in the round using sock yarn. Oh, how I love sock yarn! I'm using Dream in Colour in cream and it has silvery strands in it. It's beautiful.
Knitting really is like riding a bicycle. It's a skill you just don't forget. I was even able to pick up stitches that had fallen off the needles and dropped six rounds. Not bad at all!


5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I can see the bits of sparkle! I've never seen yarn inside a piece of mesh. Are you pulling from the center? Curious as to what the mesh does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see little pink beanies in your future...! Congratulations :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little bit of sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that on a round needle or 4 DP needles...never could get the hanh of 4-5 needles.

    ReplyDelete