Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Catching Up Yet Again

It has been a long time since I've written a WIP Wednesday post. In fact, it's been over two months! There have been several finishes since then, like the iPad Mini cover for my Mom (check out my review of the pattern from Patchwork Please! here), a few double sided receiving blankets for baby-girl-to-be, a ton of Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt blocks and two dresses for baby! I love these so instead of links, you get photos:
I have a ton of projects on the go right now. In my last post, I outlined some of the things I'm working on, or thinking of working on. I've decided not to join Tula Pink's City Sampler quilt-a-long. With baby set to arrive momentarily (I'm 38 weeks today!) I don't think I can keep up with three blocks a week. I'll make the blocks eventually, but now it not the right time to get going on this project.

The WIP I'm most motivated to work on now is somewhat related though. It's a baby quilt based on Elizabeth Dackson's Modern Circuitry pattern using Tula Pink's Salt Water line (and a few other prints mixed in for good measure). Here's the test block I made (the photo is not very good, but you get the idea).
I'm also motivated to catch up on my Lucky Stars BOM blocks. I have April and May to piece and may even get started on them tonight.

Oh! And I finished the jersey knit dress I've been struggling with last night. I really want to write a dedicated blog post about the process, because it was my first time working with knit fabric and also the first time I've made a dress. But, since I have no idea when I'll get around to writing said post, here's a not very good photo of me (remember, 38 weeks pregnant and exhausted!) in the dress for your viewing pleasure.

On Deck
Staple Dress for me

Lucky Stars BOM -April/May blocks


In Progress
Tula Baby quilt
Farmer's Wife QAL blocks

3x6 plum chartreuse quilt - ready to be sashed

Hibernating projects
Curious Nature quilt - no progress
Sew Intertwined quilt -no progress
Flora Charm Quilt - no progress
Levi's Growth Chart - no progress
We Bee Learning Bee/Levi's Bed Quilt - No progress


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced




6 comments:

  1. Your dresses are great and I love the models too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are looking fabulous for 38 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! I love all of the dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly get a lot done! Good luck with the end of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these clothes you've made. Very impressive. I used to make quite a few clothes, but now do mostly quilts. Sigh, because I can't buy what I see in my mind! Thoughts and prayers for you impending delivery.

    ReplyDelete