Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Shout out to Mad About Patchwork

Hey fellow Canadian fabric lovers! You know how it's super expensive to buy designer fabric from the US because of high shipping costs and customs charges? Did you know that there's an awesome Canadian online retailer that carries over 140 Kona bolts, Essex linen/cotton, shot cotton and more? Pam at Mad About Patchwork is a great source for solids and basics. I've ordered from Pam three times so far and have been thrilled with each experience. I put in an order yesterday morning and my package was here waiting for me when I got home from work today! I was shocked with the speed. Especially because I'd ordered 40 custom charms. That's right, Pam will custom cut charm squares in the Kona colour of your choice. Now I can finish up my Flora HSTs without having to spend any time at the cutting table. Yippee!


Right now Pam has Kona FQ bundles on sale and I picked up the Sea Spectrum bundle which is 18 fat quarters for only $27. I want to use them all together in something special. I'm open to ideas so send them my way!

I also picked up a few colours of Michael Miller's Painters Canvas because I thought they would be good blenders for my Farmer's Wife Quilt. They look fantastic in person. From the bottom: Aqua, Platinum, Ocean, Vanilla and Grey.


P.S. I have no affiliation with Pam or Mad About Patchwork. I'm just happy with her service and wanted to share the love.

3 comments:

  1. Boo to this post...now I have to go an check out that store and likely buy more fabric....what am I saying I mean...YAHOOOOO thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad About Patchwork? I've never heard of them but I am definitely going to check them out. SOmetimes shipping from US shops is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I am aware of the store, but love to hear a good review. She'll cut charms for you?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete