Sunday, March 31, 2013

March's Lucky Star

I finished March's Lucky Star block in the nick of time, not only because today is March 31, but because I'm bring my sewing machine in for a tune-up tomorrow.

This month's block is called the Ninja Star and I am so happy with how it turned out. I wasn't sure that my colour combination would leave to a winning block.
I selected a very busy red print as the focal fabric, and then tried to pull out the pink and green. It felt risky, but I needed to start bringing in more colours from my Liberty stash besides the blues and reds and this focal print provided the opportunity.
I'd call this a success, wouldn't you? I'm extremely pleased with how well I was able to line up my seams. I'm not sure how I managed it. The beauty of paper piecing, I suppose!
Here are my January, February and March blocks all together. SQUEEE!

3 comments:

  1. Yip, I'd call that a success. It's starting to look so interesting as more blocks get completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats on another perfect finish and a beautiful block!! What is the crosshatch fabric you used? It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete