Sunday, December 2, 2012

Weekend Round-up

When the concierge called to say there was a package for me at the front desk, I said to my husband, "I didn't order any fabric!" What could it be? Only the nicest surprise ever! My friend Shannon (who blogs at Hello My Name is Quilt) recently went to the Denyse Schmidt and picked up these awesome note cards for me. How sweet is she!? I was so touched,

In other news, I took a trip to The Workroom today to choose binding fabric for The Hungry Caterpillar quilt. They had just received Simply Color, the fabulous collection by V and Co. In addition to some lovely prints, there are seven ombre fabrics. I chose the grassy green and think it will make the perfect binding. I also picked up the ikat print in three colours, and a grey chevron.


Finally, I chose fabric from my final block of the We Bee Learning bee. I had thought we were done and that there was no December mama, but it turns out it's Christine's month. She chose a fractured herringbone block in red, aqua/teal and grey. Here's the stack I selected.


What did you get up to this weekend?

1 comment: