Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lucky Stars? Yes Please!

Have you heard about the Block of the Month club that Elizabeth is running over at Don't Call Me Betsy?  It's a Paper Piecing BOM and the blocks are all stars. Members will receive a block a month in two different sizes (12 inch and 6 inch), plus regular Google chats for members only and support from Elizabeth throughout!  Right now it's only $10 USD to join (the price will go up on January 5).

Since I've decided not to sign up for any year long bees in 2013 (with a baby on the way in June, I'm going commitment-lite in 2013) this is perfect for me. There's no one counting on me to finish on time and there's something new to look forward to every month. I noticed many of my Sewing Summit Flickr friends signing up already, and the BOM was just announced today!

luckystarsbuttonwhite

I'm already beginning to think about what fabrics to make this quilt with. Dare I use my Liberty of London quilting cotton? Or should I go with solids? I still have a huge stack of blue and green Kona FQs put aside. Or maybe I'll just stash bust...

Anyone else thinking of joining in? Come on, you know you want to! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is tempting!

    Also, nice oblique mention of your exciting news. Squee! Imagine all the sewing dates we'll have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google chats? Fun!

    Plus I'm looking forward to seeing all the stars around the house. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....I do want to. I really do. But I have never ever done paper piecing before and I'm not even sure I know exactly what it is. And I signed up for a creative writing course at the college, and I'm in two bees. Dare I take this on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your news and Happy New Year! I have been contemplating solids too, but not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete