Lisa's Totally Manageable List of Sewing Summit Prep Work!
- Cut charms for the Colour Wheel Swap. I was assigned orange and have ordered two prints from Heaven and Helsinki.
- Make a name tag. I've ordered Matryochka fabric for this. I still have to work out the design details.
- Finish my Colette Ginger skirt. It's my first attempt at a skirt and so far, it's going okay. I think making it with quilting cotton was a mistake because of the wrinkle factor. Other sewists on the blogosphere have done it so I thought it would be okay but now I'm not so sure.
- Make a reversible tote bag to carry stuff around in.
- Make a zippered pouch for the swap. This is an "only if I have time" thing.
- Cut out Farmer's Wife pieces to work on during shmooze time. I have two cut out already, but I started piecing one of them at the hospital the other night (my thumb wasn't healing well - it's fine now).
- Purchase jersey knit fabric for my tee shirt class and my serger maxi skirt class. If anyone has ideas of good places to purchase this type of fabric either online or in Toronto, please let me know!