Monday, September 3, 2012

Scrappy Mug Rug Swap: Completed!

When Christine posted the mug rug she'd made for the Scrappy Mug Rug swap, I had a sneaking suspicion that it was for me. You see, it was a Matryoshka doll made in pinks and greens. I'd listed all three of these as favorites in my entry form. Christine is in my We Be Learning Bee so she's well aware of my likes and dislikes.
Christine also sent a TON of goodies in my package. She made a matching pin cushion and included some extra fabric. Plus, she made me three extra blocks for Levi's bed quilt, one yellow, one blue and one red! I was floored by her generosity.

My partner, Nadine, posted yesterday that my package had arrived! I'm so happy to hear that she liked everything I sent her. She said that I did a great job of "stalking" her and picking out items that were to her taste. She posted photos of the goodies I sent her here.  I sent her a bunch of charm squares and fabric scraps by her favorite designers, plus some text prints which she'd said she loves. I'm so thrilled that she liked her package.

Overall, this swap was such a positive experience. It was fun trying to figure out my partners likes and dislikes and design something especially for her. I tried some new techniques to great success. I'm definitely going to sign up for this swap again.

2 comments: