Thursday, February 13, 2014

Liberty Star Mug Rug

Sometimes you need a quick finish. Sometimes you want to clear WIPs from your list. Sometimes your wants and needs collide.

When I first started Elizabeth Dackson's Lucky Star block of the month, I thought I'd make a large and small version of each block, using Liberty of London's first quilting cotton line. I made three months of the larger blocks, but only one of the small. 

Last night I decided to turn the little block into a mug rug for my office desk.
I stitched-in-the-ditch around each triangle element of the star and then did some straight line in the white space.
I used a multi-coloured print as the backing fabric. It's such a beautiful print. The binding is Lizzy House's Pearl Bracelets. Always a favourite and always right for any project.
I think I'm ready to go back to work now!

3 comments:

  1. That chocolate heart looks a bit lonely. It needs more chocolatey friends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, great use for a lovely block.

    ReplyDelete