Sunday, October 6, 2013

October Goal: September 2.0

For what I believe is the first time, I didn't achieve my montly goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. My goal was to piece the back of my Stacking the Odds Quilt, as well as baste it.When I started working on the back, I got so frustrated. The quilt top is HUGE and there isn't even enough floor spacer to lay it out!
I became even more frustrated when I measured the portion of the pieced backing that I'd completed and found I was about 10 inches too short! So I did the only thing that made sense. I shelved the project and moved on to happier projects, like my Marcelle Medallion.

But, I do want this quilt finished. So I'm making it my October goal to piece the back. Once done, I'll be sending this off to a long-armer, because the thought of quilting this makes me want to hide under my bed!

A Lovely Year of Finishes

2 comments:

  1. You mean the bed in the picture? I'd hide under that one any day. Look at that beautiful quilt on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous top - and will be beautiful when it's quilted but I don't blame you in the slightest for sending it out to the longarmer. A top that size would give me palpitations.

    ReplyDelete