Monday, August 5, 2013

Fresh from the Farm

There are so many things I love about my Farmer's Wife quilt project. I love that I can whip up a block relatively quickly, when I feel the need to just finish something for a change. I love being able to switch between paper piecing, hand piecing and machine piecing. I love pouring over my stash and auditioning fabrics for each block. And I love that I can put away this project for a few weeks or months and then return to it with fresh enthusiasm. 

I have six new blocks to share with you today. My favourite of the bunch is Century of Progress. I paper pieced this block. I can't imagine attacking this any other way! 

I bought the floral fabric several years ago. It was one of my first quilting cotton purchases and I love the shiny silver in it. I was surprised when I took it out to iron it that I hadn't cut into it yet, as I'd always intended to use it in Farmer's Wife blocks.

Here are all six blocks. From top left they are: #30, End of Day; #61, Northern Lights; #5, Bat Wing; #71, Puss in the Corner; #29, Economy and #18, Century of Progress.
I've completed 28 blocks to date. I haven't decided how many I'm going to make. Completing all 111 seems impossible, and also, oh so tempting!

1 comment: