Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Gingerific

As promised, here are photos of me in my completed Ginger skirt.  This was a great pattern. I ran into a some challenges of course. I made a muslin in six 16 using some old sheets. It was a bit too big so I decided to make size 14. Since I don't own a serger, I decided to do french seams and this was my saving grace because, when I tried on the skirt, it was just a little too tight. I undid my french seams on the two sides and decreased the seam allowances by a quarter inch each. I was lucky: the skirt now fit perfectly!

I already shared photos of my first invisible zipper with you. It's not the cleanest zipper ever attempted, but it's passable. I'm looking forward to improving the next time I sew one into a skirt and it will be soon, because I've already purchased corduroy Chicopee for Ginger 2.0.


My other big finish is my Noodlehead 241 tote which I LOVE!  Check out my Travel Handmade post where I shared my lessons learned. I'm excited to carry this bag at Sewing Summit, which, by the way, I leave for ONE WEEK! Half a year of anticipation and it's one week away, can you believe it? I'm going to meet people I've swapped with and chatted with on Flickr, Twitter and our blogs. SQUEEEEEE!

I'm working on my name tag for summit. Here's a sneak peak.


My (bi)weekly stats:

Done
La Dee Dah Ginger Skirt
241 Tote for Sewing Summit
 

In Progress
Curious Nature quilt - no progress
Sew Intertwined quilt -no progress
Flora Charm Quilt - no progress
Farmer's Wife QAL - I've cut out fabric for four blocks to work on during down time at Summit. 

Sewing Summit name tag

Hibernating projects
Levi's Growth Chart - no progress
NY Beauty QAL - no progress
We Bee Learning Bee/Levi's Bed Quilt - No progress
 

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced and the Canadian Needle and Thread Network. Head on over to see what everyone else is working on.

7 comments:

  1. I love the zippered pockets on that bag. They're surprisingly large.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tote and the fabric is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG love that bag!!! The fabrics are great (they match your blog!) and the zipper is perfect. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you on the skirt. The tote is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely finishes! And very fun name tag - maybe we'll meet at ss! Thanks for linking up to wip Wednesday last week where I had the pleasure of guest-hosting!

    ReplyDelete