Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pass the Mustard!

Last night I had a difficult choice to make. It was Wednesday. I could either write my (semi) weekly WIP Wednesday post, or I could plan the layout for my Stacking the Odds quilt.

Once my Kona Colour Card arrives (please hurry!), I'll be totally focused on my Sew Intertwined quilt and I'm sure Stacking the Odds will take a back seat so I figured that I might as well seize the moment and get as much done as I can now.

My first step was to make four copies of the bar diagram. Next I numbered the 14 fabrics. I sorta, kinda, but not really, followed Denise Schmidt's fabric placement from the pattern booklet. Except she used 15 fabrics in three colourways (five of each) and I'm using 14 fabrics in four main colours. Also, at the last minute I decided to add a few pops of mustard, for visual interest.

Tonight I plan to get a whole lot of pressing and cutting done. If I don't get too distracted by the internet, I might be able to get half my blocks cut. Wish me luck!

1 comment: