Sunday, August 26, 2012

Diets are for Suckers!

So, I broke my fabric diet today. I knew it was going to happen and I don't regret it for an instant. How could I be expected to spend an afternoon at The Workroom and leave empty handed? Impossible!


These lovelies are destined to become a pencil case for my husband. I made him one last year but the zipper opening is too small. He loves to bike around the city so obviously this fabric spoke to me. The line is called Velocity and is by Jessica Hogarth.


I've been coveting Tula Pink's newest line, The Birds & The Bees. These two ladybug fat quarters are all I got. I think I showed great restraint, don't you? The print on the left is by Alexander Henry and was on sale. I love it's retro kitschy vibe.


Karyn got in the entire line of Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt.  Again, I reined myself in and selected only four fat quarters to come home with me. Chartreuse has been my favorite colour for the last year or so, making it easy to choose a colourway. I love the print on the far right. Actually, I love them all! I'll probably end up buying more prints from this line eventually.


Finally, check out this ribbon! Isn't it darling? I picked up a metre and am conjuring up ideas to put it to good use.

Stop by tomorrow to see my progress on my Sew Intertwined Quilt! I finished my 20 outer blocks!

1 comment:

  1. I do love cycling. I also love my beautiful pencil case you made for me last year--and I plan to use it for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete